Thursday, July 31, 2014

Reflections on the Inaugural #totallyrossome


Whenever something new begins, there is a period of adjustment. There are nerves. There is insecurity. When I decided to create a new edchat based on being totally committed to what it is we do (whatever that means), all these things were there. I have developed a solid PLN on Twitter, and I know when I have questions or need advice, these folks are there for me. When I floated the idea of an edchat that focused on giving your all, they were there with support.

When I asked my first question at the start of the chat, it felt like days before the first reply came in. Sure enough, it was one of my #edufam. From that close knit group of educators upon whom I have come to count.

"Well, at least one person came," I thought. If nothing else, I can count on them. I don't need to say who they are. They know.

Then someone else responded. Then came another. And another. Out of nowhere, #totallyrossome was a live edchat, complete with participants!

When the dust settled, and the hour was up, we had nearly 300 Tweets from 18 participants. I had an idea for a conversation, but it took all of you to make it a discussion, and for that, I humbly thank you all.

I hope you are able to join us next week for #totallyrossome. It's on Tuesday nights at 10:00 PM EST, and it's a great group of teachers, administrators, and parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment